In today’s tough economic times, companies everywhere are finding new and creative ways to attract quality new customers. Search Engine Optimization is one of the best ways to get your product or service in front of the consumer on the internet and help to keep your cost down and your revenue up. In this article, we’ll present some tips on how to get started with SEO and how to make sure your company is search engine optimized to Beat the Competition!
How to get my website search engine optimized?
- Time to plan on your content. Clay brings up the subject of content – do you have newsworthy tidbits on your website that people want to read? Perhaps you have old photos that are blank and just boring, or perhaps you have Jell-O ads on your website that are distracting. Perhaps you have entertainment content or games on your website that have prize brackets on your siteDAILY Lindsay. Use text in your site that has promise for searchers. You Estate agents need search engines to be found when people search for an agent or a real estate agent.
- Most importantly, be real – be original.
That is to say, be original and make sure everything on your website is original and unique. Use your name as often as possible – Attorney tenants and prospective tenants in Florida should see you as a legal professional. Have your e-mail address and phone number “above the fold” of your site so that visitors know who you are. Lastly, make sure that your website has original content and is not duplicated from another website.
- Meta tagsFinally, make sure that your meta tags are present and that they accurately represent your web content. Some search engines read meta tags, others don’t. However, some search engines rely on them read meta tags to confirm the content of your site. Make sure that your meta tags are accurate.
Including your best keyword phrase in your meta tag keywords is pretty much “keyword stuffing.” This has a negative effect on your web content and can cause your site to be coding errors and penalized by search engines.
- Submitting your siteAfter on-site optimization, you need to focus on submitting your site. To search engines, submitted sites are more Important than those who weren’t. So, you need to submit your site to search engines. When you submit your website URL to search engines, it lets them know that the content is important and unique. So make sure that you submit your URL to search engines.
- Link Backs – Start working on link popularity.
Link popularity starts with building good link popularity. That is, getting other websites to link to your site. This can be accomplished by writing articles relevant to your site, then submitting them to article directories. When you write articles and submit them to article directories, you include a link back to your site. The link to your site is called a back-link. The more back-links from site the better – especially if the sites are relevant to your business niche.
- Keep Learning & Never Give Up!
SEO is a never-ending learning process. Don’t get discouraged if you make it a few years before you accomplish some of your goals. Search Engine Optimization is something you have to do for you until you have achieved some success. Committing to SEO means you are going to work hard and eventually your success will come.